HP printers are one of the advanced printers which are well-known especially for its HD printing feature.
However, there might be several glitches with the software at times and this results in HP printer offline Mac issue.
This issue especially occurs due to some internal problems that prevent your computer system to get the proper connection.
So, if you are going through this issue and unable to get the HP printer’s connection over Macbook, then this is the right place.
In this post, we will discuss all the probable causes for this issue and also the most effective solutions to resolve this connection error in no time.
Probable Causes for HP Printer Offline Mac Issue:
If you are dealing with HP printer not connecting to Mac issue, then there might be several causes behind this issue.
It might be due to an internal software issue or when some files of that application get corrupted.
There might be some fault even with the configuration of the printing system on your Macbook which leads to this issue.
Sometimes, it happens due to the bad printing queue stored on your Macbook.
However, you can easily overcome this issue by performing some of the efficient methods that we will elaborate in the next segment.
Effective Methods to Resolve HP Printer Offline Mac Issue:
In this section, we have discussed some amazing methods to fix HP printer not connecting to Mac issue in minutes. You can try out all the methods one-by-one until the printer connects back to your Mac.
Method 1: Reconfigure the Printing System on your Mac
If you are having a bad configuration for your HP printer on your Mac book, then this will result in the printer not connecting issue.
To get rid of this situation, you need to reconfigure the printing tasks. Go through the steps discussed below in order to overcome this issue.
- At first, turn on the Macbook and locate the Printing System menu from the Application folder.
- When the Printing System folder opens, right-click on the blank area in the Printer’s list on the left side.
- After that, select the Reset Printing system option and click on the Yes button to confirm when prompted.
- Now, enter the Username and the Password on the next screen to continue the Reset.
- Click on the OK button below the confirmation box and wait for the process to complete.
- At last, when the Mac prompts “List is empty,” click on the Finish button to complete the process.
After successfully completing all the above steps, restart the printer and check if the printer connects well as earlier.
If still, the printer is not connecting to the Mac, then try another solution discussed below.
Method 2: Clear the Current Printing Queue and Re-Add the Printer on your Mac
Sometimes, the printing queue goes bad or stuck with several bugs at a time.
Hence, it is required to delete the old queue and adding it back on your Mac to get a fresh printing session.
Go through the below steps below to succeed in this method:
- At first, turn on the Macbook and connect it with a good internet connection.
- Locate the Printers and Scanners tab from the Application menu and click on that.
- After that, click on the Plus button from the bottom-left corner of the screen and click on Add Printer or Scanner option.
- Now, click on the Print Using option on the next screen to select the available printer.
- At last, click on the OK button and then the Mac will show “Idle” in the printers list.
After successfully re-adding the printing queue on your Macbook, restart the HP printer and check if the printer connects well as earlier.
If still, you are getting an issue or the printer not connecting, try another solution below.
Method 3: Uninstall and then Reinstall the Printer Driver in Mac
If none of the above methods work, you need to delete the old driver and install it as new to get the printer connection on your Mac.
Go through the steps hereunder in order to accomplish the task.
- At first, turn on the Macbook and locate the Apple menu one screen and click on that.
- Now, select the System Preferences option from the very top of the screen and click on Print and Fax option.
- After that, locate the HP Printer option from the list and right-click on that.
- Select the Remove option and click on the OK button to proceed next.
- Drive to the Hard Drive on your Macbook and select the Library option.
- After that, click on the Printers option from the list and select the folder labeled as HP Printer.
- Drag the folder to Trash and click on Empty the Trash option to complete.
- Now, open the Safari Web browser and drive to the manufacturer’s website of your printer.
- Locate the Driver section on the screen and click on that to open the page.
- Select the iOS version and the Model name that are listed and click on the Download and Install button.
- Once the download completes, double-click on the downloaded file and install it manually.
After successfully installing the fresh driver application on your Macbook, restart the device and you are no longer affected by any issue regarding your printer’s connection.
We have shared all the probable and effective methods to terminate the HP printer not connecting to Mac issue.
You can go through either one of these solutions or all the solutions discussed above until you get back the connection on your Macbook.
Hope the above article was beneficial enough to guide you on how to fix the HP printer offline Mac issue.
In case, the issue still remains or the above methods fail, then there might be some issues with your printer or the other hardware issues.
In that case, you can positively service the printer or get in touch with an expert.
Lastly, help us to know about your experience and drop your precious feedback below in the comment box.