Not being able to print a document with your HP printer? Are you getting paper jam error when you enter a print command?
However, these things are quite frequent with almost all the printers. You will eventually encounter HP printer paper jam error at least once.
There are certain instances when HP printer stops feeding pages and shows “Paper Jam”, “Clear the certain jam, and then press OK”, etc error messages.
Therefore, it is imperative to fix this issue so that you can resume your work. However, these paper jams can deceive you by showing false results. It can be a system glitch or a serious issue.
At times, even after you remove the pile of paper from the input tray, the printer keeps showing paper jam.
If you are also stuck with the same thing, you will need expert help. Therefore, follow this informative user guide to know the relevant hacks to the issue in no time.
Suitable Ways to Fix and Prevent HP Printer Paper Jam Issue
Go through the under-mentioned steps to prevent HP printer paper jam error in one go.
Fix 1: Vacating the Jammed Input Tray
- In order to begin the process, you need to press the Power button and switch on the printer.
- Now, detach the power chord from the back of the printer while it is still on.
- Then, pinpoint the input tray.
- After that, take out the stock of paper from the input tray in order to eradicate the paper jam.
- Then, have a look at the paper tray to see if there are any leftover papers. If this is the case, remove the residue from the tray.
- Now, the printer will be back to the original position.
- Finally, you can detach the power chord and switch on the printer.
Fix 2: Remove the Pile of Paper from the Output Tray
- To begin, switch off the printer and detach the power chord.
- Now, take the output tray and remove the jammed paper from that.
- After that, go ahead with the printing.
However, if you continue to receive the error, then try the next solution.
Fix 3: Clearing the Paper Feed Rollers
- First of all, disable the printer. After that, disconnect the power chord.
- Now, you can hoist the input tray and then open it.
- Then, look for the grey stock of rollers and clean it properly using a damp cloth. This will remove the dust from inside.
- Furthermore, you need to dry the rollers before you place them in the respective position.
- Thereafter, you can reconnect the power chord and switch on the printer.
- Now, try to print.
Fix 4: Cleaning the Printer Roller
- In order to begin the process, remove all the papers from the input tray.
- Now, click on the down arrow key in order to choose Settings. After that, press OK.
- Then, press the down arrow in order to choose the option labeled as Tools. Now, click on OK.
- After that, choose Clean Paper Feed and then click on OK.
- Now, wait for some time and restart the printer.
You can go ahead with the printing now. However, if you continue to encounter “HP printer says paper jam” issue, you can try the next solution.
Fix 5: Reset the Printer
- The first and foremost thing is to switch off the printer.
- Now, detach the power chord from the printer.
- After that, disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
- Now, you have to wait for a minute or two.
- Then, reconnect the power cord into the wall outlet as well as the printer.
- Now, switch on the printer.
Finally, examine to see if the issue persists or not.
Now, will easily be able to fix the issue if you go through the afore-mentioned steps diligently. Since the HP printer paper jam error is a common issue, all the steps are mentioned here keeping in mind the users’ point of view.
Moreover, you can refer the user manual to have a quick look. Apart from this, if you have any fresh idea, you can provide that as comments.
If nothing helps, your last and final resort is to look for expert support.