At times, printed images from an HP printer may show stripes or streaks i.e. HP Printer streaks when printing.
This a common issue with HP printers and there can be a number of reasons for its occurrence. Some of the common reasons include a very low ink level and improper printer settings.
In addition, if the ink cartridges are not placed in the correct way, then this issue can crop up.
So, if you are an HP printer user and facing this issue on it, then you can follow this article. Here, we have provided some quick and easy fixes to resolve this glitch, and after applying those, hopefully, you’ll be able to resolve this streaking problem on your HP printer.
Methods to Rectify the Streaking Issue on HP Printers
In this section, we have provided a number of methods which will help you to eradicate the streaking issue on the HP printer during the printing process.
Method 1: Inspect the Settings of the HP Printer
If the printer settings are not correctly configured, then there is a possibility for you to face this error. The only way to resolve this issue is to configure the HP printer settings correctly. To do that follow the steps below.
- First, to print a specific document, click on the ‘File’ menu and then a drop-down menu appears. From that menu, locate and then choose the ‘Print’ option.
- As soon as you click on that option, a new ‘Print’ window appears. Be sure to choose the correct HP printer, and then hit the Properties or Preferences option.
- Now, a new ‘Properties or Preferences’ window comes up. Inside that window, locate and choose the ‘Printing Shortcuts’ tab.
- Under that tab, tweak the ‘Print quality’, ‘Paper size’ and ‘Paper type’
- At last, try to print a document a see if a streak appears or not.
Method 2: Examine the Ink Level
Sometimes, you can get this issue if the ink level of the cartridge installed within the HP printer is low. Now, the best solution to get rid of this problem is to examine the level of the ink. Here are the steps on how can you do it.
- First, tap the ‘Cortana’ logo on the taskbar. This will open the dedicated search section of Windows. Now, within that section, type in ‘control panel’ and then from the output of that search, select the ‘Control Panel’ option.
- Now, a new window having the name ‘Control Panel’ will come up. Next, inside that window, there will various computer settings which you can change at your will.
- Now, from that window, choose the ‘Hardware and Sound’ category. This action will then open a new page within this window only, from where select the ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- Next, another new page will show up, in it, navigate to the ‘Printers and Faxes’ section. After that, under the new section, locate and then select the right HP printer.
- Now, right-click on the chosen printer icon and then from the popup menu, select the ‘Printing preferences’ option.
- When a new window appears for the specific HP printer, tap on the ‘Services’ tab. Next, choose the ‘Service this Device’ option.
- As soon as you do that, a ‘Toolbox’ for the printer device will open up. Then, in that toolbox, select the ‘Estimated Ink Level’ tab to inspect how much ink is present within the cartridge.
- If the level of ink is low, then replace the cartridges.
Method 3: Re-Insert the Ink Cartridges Properly
If the ink cartridges are not inserted into the printer properly, then there is a chance for you to meet with this HP printer streaking issue. The perfect answer to rectify this problem is to insert the ink cartridges tightly and properly into the HP printer. For that to happen, follow the steps underneath.
- First, pull the ink tray to reveal the cartridges of the HP printer. Then, slide out the ink cartridges from the printer.
- After that, wait for a few minutes and then push back the ink cartridges back into the printer.
- Next, put some blank pages on the paper tray and then attempt to print a document and check if the issue is still present or not.
Method 4: Execute the Clean Print Cartridges Utility
When not a single method is able to resolve this issue, then as a last resort all you can do is to use the “Clean the Print Cartridges” utility. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Get into the ‘Service this Device’ section by following the steps from method 2 of this article.
- After that, a new window ‘Printer Toolbox’ will open up. Next, choose the ‘Device Services’ tab. Then, hit the ‘Clean the Print Cartridges’ option.
- Now, follow the instructions that come up on the screen to clean the ink cartridges using the three-level clearing process.
- Lastly, after the cleanup process is over, print a document and see if this error comes up or not.
To effectively mitigate the streaking issue on HP printer, you need to follow all the methods given above, carefully and minutely. But, if even after following each and every step, you are still facing the same issue, then do not panic.
Just provide detailed information about the problems that you encounter in the comment section. Or you can also opt for an expert to handle and resolve this issue on your HP laptop.