When it comes to reliable printer brands, HP is always at the top level. However, the users complained that they are facing some issues with their HP printer.
HP printer won’t scan is one such issue that is often encountered by a number of people as well. In most cases, this particular issue occurs when the users update their device to Windows 10 from a previous version.
Probable Causes Which Lead to this HP Printer Scanning Issue:
There are a number of reasons that are responsible for the not scanning issue. If you are using a poor or unstable internet connection, then you might face this issue.
Apart from that, if there is any fault related to hardware or software, then there are chances of getting the same issue.
Moreover, due to the old or damaged ink cartridge, outdated scanner drivers, virus or malware attack, corrupted system files, incorrect configuration of printer setup, it is quite possible that you may encounter this issue in your HP printer.
Unfortunately, if you are also facing the same issue, then follow the entire tutorial and implement the methods exactly the same as illustrated in the next section.
Some Tried and Tested Methods to Resolve HP Printer Not Scanning Issue:
It is recommended to be careful while you are implementing these methods. Any sort of mistake can make your HP device corrupted as well.
Solution 1: Check Administrator Privileges
The very first thing you have to do is to sign in to your Administration account. After that, click on the Control Panel and launch it.
Then, navigate to the User Account, and tap on Change Account Type option. Further, choose the “Manage Another Account” option by clicking on it.
Next, choose Local Account and now you need to change the Account type.
Now, tap on the “Administrator” option and you can see the User Local Account option.
Here, you have to sign out from the Administrator account once more. Launch the HP scan and check if it is working properly or not.
Solution 2: Reset the Printer
If the first method is not helpful for you, then move to this one and perform this trick.
To follow this method, at first, you need to turn off the printer and wait for a few seconds. Then turn it on.
Basically, this Power cycling method can be helpful for you. In case, the problem remains unsolved, then detach the Power cables and then plug back the printer after ten to twenty minutes.
Solution 3: Enable Windows Image Acquisition Service
Windows Image Acquisition service is considered as one of the most fundamental scanning services that help the users to resolve the “HP printer won’t scan” issue.
To enable this option, you need to follow the steps exactly in the same manner as stated.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to right-click on the Start menu.
- After that, choose the Run option from the Menu bar.
- Now, click on it and type ‘services.msc’ in the “Run accessory” box.
- Then, tap on OK and double-tap on the “Windows Image Aquisition” for launching the tab.
- Next, choose the Automatic option from the Startup type. Click on the drop-down menu if you find that the Windows Image Aquisition is turned off.
- Now, you need to click on the Start button and then tap on the Apply icon as well.
- At last, click on OK and exit from the present tab.
Now, restart your device and check if the same problem is still occurring or not.
If you still find the same issue, then you need to turn on the DCOM, Shell Hardware Detection and RPC Endpoint Mapper services.
Solution 4: Update the Firmware
As we have already mentioned that due to an outdated firmware, you can confront the HP printer scanner not working issue.
In such a case, updating the firmware can solve the problem completely.
- To do so, at first, click on the Start button.
- After that, you need to choose the “Run” option and type CMD or COMMAND in the Run dialog box.
- Then, tap on Ok. After that, go to the directory where you can find the firmware.
- Now, you need to tap on the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Next, move to choose the Command prompt and type “copy /B *. RFU LPT1” in it.
- After that, tap on the Enter key for one more time to copy the firmware file to your printer.
You can see the Receiving Upgrade if you have executed the methods properly. When the entire method gets completed, then restart your system and check if you still encountering the same or not.
We hope that the above four methods can be beneficial for you in order to fix the HP printer won’t scan issue without any hassle.
But in case, if you are still in trouble regarding any solution, then leave your comment in the feedback box. Moreover, you can also take the help of an expert.