HP printer not printing black is one of the common problems that most of the users have encountered while using their HP printer. Various reasons are there for the black ink not printing on the page.
One of the simple causes of this issue is that the black ink is not present on the HP printer. If the ink cartridge is not seating correctly on the slot then also you may face this issue on your printer. If the HP printer driver is not installed properly, then also this issue might show.
If you are presently experiencing this problem, then this guide might help you to solve this issue with your printer. Here, we are going to share the top solutions that you can use to fix this issue on your printer.
Relevant Solutions to Solve HP Printer Not Printing Black
There are several solutions by which you can easily solve the HP printer won’t print black issue and some of those solutions are mentioned in the section below. Just take a look at them.
Solution 1 – Reseat the Black Cartridge
This is one of the reliable solutions to get rid of this issue on the system. By reseating the black cartridge, you can easily fix this problem. To reseat the black cartridge, follow the steps given below.
- Open the Printer’s scanner lid. After that, press the tab present at the back of the black ink cartridge.
- Next, press the release tab present at the back of the black ink cartridge to remove the cartridge and then take it out.
- After a few minutes, insert the cartridge again and then close the scanner lid of the HP printer.
Solution 2 – Check the Estimated Ink Levels
Another effective solution is to check the ink levels of the HP printer. If the estimated ink levels are not full then the HP printer won’t print black. So, you need to check if it is full or not. Follow the directions mentioned hereunder.
- First, go to the Control Panel of the HP printer and then press the Setup icon which is present at the lower-left corner.
- Press the Right arrow button to open the list. Scroll down the page, choose Tools and then press the OK option.
- Again, press the Right arrow button to launch the list, tap on the Estimated Ink Levels button and then hit the OK button. Now you can see if the ink level is full or not.
Solution 3 – Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Running the printer troubleshooter can fix the HP printer black ink not working issue on your computer. To do that, follow the directions given below.
- On the keyboard, hold the Windows button and press the I key to launch the Settings window.
- When the Settings window opens, locate the Update & Security section, and then double-click on it.
- Go to the left side panel and select the Troubleshoot tab.
- On the right side of the window, scroll down the page and find the Printer, select it. After that, click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- Once the process is complete, restart the system and then try to print and check whether the problem is still present or not.
Solution 4 – Add a Genuine HP Cartridge to the Printer
If you do not use genuine HP cartridge on the printer, then you can face this issue on the system. To fix this problem, you have to use a genuine HP cartridge. So, you can replace the third-party cartridge with the genuine HP cartridge and then check if the problem still persists or not.
Solution 5 – Accomplish Print Cartridge Alignment
This is an alternative solution that you can also use to get rid of this problem on your computer. Now the following steps will help you.
- First of all, load A4 size paper.
- Hit the Setup switch on the HP printer.
- In the Setup section, scroll down the page and find the Tools, select it. After that, click on the OK button.
- Again scroll the page and find the Align Print Cartridges, select it and then click on the OK button. Now the HP printer will settle.
Try to print to check if the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6 – Update the Printer Driver
If the printer driver is outdated, then you may get this problem on the system. So, you have to update the driver on the system. To do that, follow the instructions below.
- Press the Win + X buttons together to launch the WinX Menu list.
- Choose Device Manager from that list.
- Within the Device Manager window, find the printer driver from the left side panel. Right click on it and then select the Update Software Driver button.
- Once the update process finishes, restart your computer and then check if the problem still appears or not.
Therefore, by performing the solutions as mentioned above, you can quickly resolve the HP printer not printing black problem.
Perform the steps as mentioned above and check which one works in solving this error. If however, the fixes mentioned here fail to solve the issue, then consult with an expert to fix it.