HP printer is one of the popular printers all over the world. Along with its multifunctional features, it has some technical glitches too. HP printer offline is one of those frequently occurring issues. Generally, this problem appears due to the poor internet connection. Several reasons are there which are responsible for this problem. It could be that the printer’s drivers have corrupted or damaged. If you are using the older version of the HP printer driver, then also this issue shows up. Sometimes, if the cable that connects the printer and computer is faulty and not working properly, then also this issue crops up.
An older version of the Operating System can also see the HP printer offline Windows 10 problem on your computer. Most of the HP printer users have encountered this problem on their device and unable to use their device. However, you need to fix it immediately on the Windows 10 system. If you are also looking for top-notch HP printer offline fix, then go through this guideline. In this guide, you will get to know all the methods to fix this problem on the system.
Top-Notch Methods to Fix HP Printer Offline Issue:
Most of the users have reported that the HP printer will work properly after a restart. So when you start any method, at first, you should restart the device. After restarting the device, check whether the HP printer offline issue is fixed or not. If not, then you can use the mentioned below methods to get rid of this problem. Follow the methods instructed below:
Method 1 – Check the Printer’s Connection
At first, you have to check whether the printer connection is properly connected or not. Sometimes, due to the poor connection, this problem might arise on your computer. So you have to disconnect all the connection and wait for a few seconds. After that, re-connect all the connection between the printer and the internet. After doing this, you can check if the problem is still there or not. If the printer is connected to the WiFi and you still see this problem, then you can use the Ethernet cable. With the Ethernet cable, you can easily fix this issue that you have found on the device.
Method 2 – Set the HP Printer as a Default Printer
If the HP Printer is not set as a default printer, then you can get the HP printer offline error message on your computer. So, you have to set the HP printer as a default printer. Follow the steps given below to set your HP printer as a default printer:
- Open the Settings application.
- Next, navigate to the Devices tab and then go to the Bluetooth & other devices section.
- After that, select the Devices and printers link and then right-click on the HP printer to open the menu list.
- In that list, you will see an option Set as a Default Printer, select it.
- After doing this, check whether the HP printer goes online or not.
Method 3 – Change the Printer Settings
By changing the printer settings, you can easily solve the HP printer says offline error message on the system. To perform this method, follow these steps:
- Firstly, you have to press the Windows button + S key together to open the Search Panel.
- Type Control Panel in the Search box and then hit the Enter button.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double click on the Devices and Printers section.
- In the Devices and Printers section, right-click on the HP printer and then on the See what’s printing button from that list.
- From that window, click on the Printer to open the list and then unmark on the Use Printer Offline button.
After doing all these steps, you need to switch on and off the computer as well as the printer. However, check further whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 4 – Restart the Print Spooler Services
The HP printer keeps going offline error message appears when the printer spooler services are stopped. So, you need to restart the services and fix this issue on the system. Follow these directions to do so:
- At first, you should hold down the Windows button and at the same time press the R key to launch the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter button or click on the OK option.
- When the Services window opens, scroll down the list and locate the Windows Spooler services, right-click on it. Then you can select the Restart option to begin the services.
- After restarting the services, check whether the error message still shows up or not.
Method 5 – Modify the HP Printer Properties
By modifying the Printer properties, you can easily eliminate the HP printer offline error message from the Windows 10 system. The following steps will help you to do so:
- First of all, you need to launch the WinX Menu list by pressing the Windows Home key and X button.
- From that list, you can select the Settings application.
- When the Settings application opens, you can select the Devices section.
- In the Devices window, go to the Bluetooth & other devices tab from the left side panel. After that, select the Devices and Printers section on the right side window.
- From the Devices and Printers window, right-click on the HP printer and then select the Printer properties button.
- In the HP printer properties window, move the cursor to the Ports tab, select it. After that, you can choose the IP address and then select the Configure Port option.
- Then, unmark the SNMP Status Enabled button and select the OK option to save it.
Method 6 – Remove the HP Printer Driver and Install It Again
If the HP printer driver is corrupted or damaged, then you can see this error message on your computer. So you have to remove the driver and then again install it properly. To do that, follow the directions which are instructed hereunder:
- First of all, you need to hold the Windows button and press the I key to open the Settings window.
- You can select the Devices section from the Settings application.
- When the Devices section opens, go to the Bluetooth & other devices tab from the left side pane. From there, select the Devices and printers link.
- From that window, you can see the HP printer, right-click on it and then select the Remove Device button to uninstall it.
- Once it is uninstalled, again install it from the official website of the HP printer. So, you have to go to the official website of the HP printer and search for the latest version of the HP printer driver. After that, you can select the Download button to start the download process.
- After completing the download file, install it properly. You need to follow the onscreen instructions carefully to perform the action accordingly.
- Once it gets completed, reboot the Windows 10 system and then check whether the issue gets eliminated.
Method 7 – Update the HP Printer Driver
The HP printer offline error message arises on your PC due to the outdated HP printer driver. So, you should update the printer driver for eliminating this error. In order to resolve this issue, follow the instructions cited below:
- You should right-click on the Windows Home button which you will get at the bottom right side corner of the window to launch the WinX menu list.
- In the WinX Menu list, you can see an application Device Manager, select it.
- When the Device Manager window opens, find the HP printer driver on the left side panel list, right-click on it and then select the Update Software Driver button to update the driver.
- Once the process gets finished, restart the device.
Method 8 – Install the Latest Operating System
After updating the HP printer driver, if the issue still appears, then you need to update the Operating System. An outdated version of the Windows Operating System is one of the common reasons for this problem. So you have to search the latest version of the system and then install it immediately on your computer. To install it, follow these instructions carefully:
- Open the Settings application by pressing the Win + I buttons together.
- From the Settings window, you will see the Update and Security section, select it.
- In the Update and Security window, click on the Update tab from the left side menu list.
- You can select the Check for updates button from the Update section to find the update.
- Once you get the Update button, click on it to start the update process.
- After completing this, the system will restart and then check whether the HP printer works correctly without any problem.
Method 9 – Add the Second Printer
If the above methods do not work out properly, then you can try out the second printer to your computer and fix this issue. Follow these steps which are mentioned below:
- Firstly, you have to hold the Windows button and press the S key to launch the Search Panel.
- When the Search box opens, type Settings and then hit the Enter button.
- Further, select the Devices section from the Settings window.
- Once the Devices window opens, click on the Bluetooth & other devices tab.
- On the right side window, you will see the Devices and printers link to open it.
- In that window, you can see the HP printer, right-click on it and then select the Printer Properties button.
- From the Printer Properties page, take the mouse to the Ports tab, select it. After that, you can see the Add Port button, select it.
- Next, you can choose the Standard TCP/IP Port and then select the Next Port button. Now see that the Add Standard TCP/IP Port Wizard page will display on the screen.
- Then select the Next button. In the Next page, put the Printer’s IP address and then select the Next option.
- Once you are done with the above steps, restart the device and then check whether the problem still occurs or not.
We hope these methods will positively work out to solve the HP printer offline error message on the Windows 10 system. Read this article step-by-step and do these on the system to get the problem fixed on your computer. If the error message still appears, then you can consult with an expert to eliminate this issue.